Access arrangements for the KS1 and KS2 SATs are set by the government.
- Children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) automatically get up to 25% extra time in these tests.
- The Year 6 teachers identify other children that might qualify for extra time. We answer questions about each child’s needs in an online questionnaire which then gives information about the use of additional time and alternative access arrangements.
- The government updates the criteria for extra time annually and we, as a school, apply for it in the Spring term.
- Children that meet the criteria are those:
- who have difficulty reading
- who have difficulty writing
- with a hearing impairment
- with a visual impairment
- who use sign language
- who have difficulty concentrating
- who have processing difficulties